Tuesday, February 13, 2007



From the masses of humanity,

From their souless masks,

I seek sanctuary

Intent upon the needs of my soul

And my humanity.


Somehow by a miracle of sacred truth,

Despite all delusions

Imposed by such soulless masks,

My soul touched a thread,

A thread of fate

That guided me to a truth never expected.


In the world of masks

The thread exists but is heavily obscured.

In this outward world of masks

The threads vital vision is threatened by destruction.


So I seek necessary sanctuary

And I look at the inward world,

Beyond the masks

And forces of destruction.


Here I find a mirror,

Polished and pure,

That reflects my mask

And the soul-filled eyes shining back.


Here I recognise the first glimmer of sanctuary

As I look deep beyond the mask

Into the truth of my soul

Through all distractions of the mask world.


The masks tell me I’m wrong,

They try hard to deny my truth

For they do not recognise their own

But I trust in truth and follow my thread.


Because of this I now see an outward sanctuary

Hidden from masks,

Where my thread weaves

In trust and truth

Among the threads of others.


I know it is well said that

No outward sanctuary is recognised

When the inward sanctuary is neglected.


-Adam-

1 comment:

shawa_strong_wind said...

"No outward sanctuary is recognised,
When the inward sanctuary is neglected."

That is so true. And that is why the Path to the outer Sanctuary must come from deep inside...There is no other Path to it.
:-)
Lovely pic!