Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just scanning through Wikipedia for the myths and beliefs of Aborigines; Dreamtime, Rainbow serpent etc and then I find this quote…

"Aboriginal people learned from their stories that a society must not be human-centred but rather land centred, otherwise they forget their source and purpose...humans are prone to exploitative behaviour if not constantly reminded they are interconnected with the rest of creation, that they as individuals are only temporal in time, and past and future generations must be included in their perception of their purpose in life" C, Morris

That's ecopsychology if ever I knew it! (Something for Grove of Quotes? Lol)

Now excuse me, I'm going to express my "inner-Aborigine," commune with the Rainbow Serpent and connect to the Dreamtime with the didge-voice of the Earth :)

1 comment:

shawa_strong_wind said...

I like your entries! Short and nice, easy to read, and good pics too. Thanks! :-)
The Wizard Downstairs.