Monday, September 01, 2008



Ovate... at last! Or por fin en Español!

As soon as I got over the last hurdle of the bardic grade, everything else just took off.

I'm finding the ovatic experience very interesting, it's had the effect of bringing intuition and imagination together with creative results! It's fun to read the landscape and its inhabitant's energy as "personality" (silly humans, anthropomorphising again).

I've been writing stories about how a tree told me a story about how it and it's kin came into being, and about how a norse Earth Goddess, Nerthus, came upon the knowledge of the properties of trees, herbs and other growing things and shared that with her children.

As you can see, my imagination has been inspired! Perhaps you'll see some of the reults here :)

What I really am looking forward to is the herbology bit. I don't know a lot and really want to develop this part of my ovatic experience. Before you know, I'll be so deep in herbs and herbology you'll find green things growing from my skin! Haha!

5 comments:

Paul Rousselle said...

Dude! That's awesome. Can't wait to see what comes out of the experience :)

Treegod said...

Thank you, nor can I :)

Paul Rousselle said...

How d'you feel you've developed/changed during and since the bardic grade?

Treegod said...

I felt it to be less of a developing experience and more of a review, since much of the material I had already been through and integrated on my path. But I suppose I felt my spirituality become more grounded, more incarnated into my life. Funnily enough, it was when I went through the Air element, which is often seen to represent the abstract and intellectual. To me its not, it's very lively. I sat on top of the valley and felt the strength in the wind. And also, if you take away my breath, I die. Nothing abstract about that! In a way I recognised that the abstract aspects of my life had more energy and more reality than I gave credit to. After all, energy follows consciousness.

Treegod said...

BTW, we're no longer using this site, best go to our new wordpress blog mentioned in one of our more recent blogs.