Saturday, June 09, 2007

Treegod

There’s a cairn growing in Spain’s Prades mountains, each stone imbued with intent and meaning, giving focus to a place that in the human heart, my human heart, has a feeling of sacredness, of significance. Now, I do not know what the traditional significance of ancient cairns were but one thing I do know is what it means to me, my own personal significance.

My cairn is a place of focus, an anchor point for the human mind, to stop and think, and express a sacred feeling. Here, Nature isn’t just one anonymous environment amongst other anonymous environments. Here, the human mind sees or creates something special to focus the mind in Nature, where it recognises that it comes from Nature, that it is a part of Nature and that Nature is sacred.

1 comment:

Bryn Colvin said...

Hi, would you like to list your group in the Druid Network's directory - http://www.druidnetwork.org/en/directory drop me a line if you are interested - bryn dot colvin at blueyonder dot co dot uk

cheers,
Bryn.