Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Wizard :
(Pic : "The Little oaks of Brocéliande (2005) are growing in Spain")
*Note* : At Samhain 2005 Mika and I went to a workshop/retreat, led by Philip Carr-Gomm, in Brocéliande. There we met the Old Forest for the first time...Oh blessed time!
Then we took a lot of acorns and planted them here in Spain. The pic shows the little oaks growing...As I used to say : "The Old Forest travelled in our pockets!"
Tuesday, June 1oth :
Sometimes people come to the Earth Sanctuary, and the first question they ask is...What can I DO (to help)?
That is so... not-it... at all!...
The real question is ...What can I BE?
THAT is the why and wherefore of the creation of this space.
What can we BE ? What can we be that we are not yet? What can we re-member of the pieces of ourselves that we lost? What could we be if we were free to do that ? What could we become if the space behind our eyes was freed from the suffocating struggle of "me" against "not-me"; the horrendous process of carving one´s niche in a world gone crazy, ga-ga, bonkers.
So maybe the first thing would be to sit down, right there under a tree, and consider, contemplate, just LISTEN to all the answers that will surely come up if you ask the right question.

What could I BE ?

And then - and only then - once you start to see the answers inside your own mind, once the answers to that question become clearer - please take the time to cry for a while. And you will want to cry - seeing all that you are NOT, and all the ways society has cut you to pieces. Maybe you will have the puzzle right there before your inner eyes from the very first; perhaps you will only get an inkling. Perhaps you will do that process in stages. Perhaps you are one of those thunderbeings that go boom-boom throwing lighning sparks into the velvety night. Any way you may choose - this is the right question and the right answer. Do look at the pieces, and let yourself become sensitive to how you could put them back together again. Then you will be on the right track, right there beside us who are already walking this Path.

And then...only then, maybe we will let you rake the patio, or cut the dry grass, or rebuild a wall. Or talk about permaculture and solar panels. Only then. Perhaps. The Earth Sanctuary is not about solar panels and ecology (though we might get interested in that too, of course, given the right circumstances). We do not "save the whales", you know, we save people, one by one, one precious soul cargo after another. People. We do not only plant leek and carrots, as essential as this task may be. We plant people. Lol. Because it´s the people who need to be "saved" nowadays, so crazy have we become as a race!

So, do sit down with a cuppa - and just look right ahead of you, relax, and ask yourself : What can I BE ?
See? You "grok", my friend? :-)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, That is EXACTLY what happened to me when I was at your place last summer. I sat down under Grandmother Figg Tree with a cup of water from the little river and I listened. And I cried. And I got home completely inspired and full of plans for myself in the future!
It's the magic of the place that does that to you automaticly! At least for me ;)